Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update - 30Nov


Time for an update, Thanksgiving is very different when you are outside the US. As it is a US Holiday. I worked on this day - after going to the airport with Kevin,Gwen and Linda as they were flying out on a 10am flight back to the states. Really enjoyed their visit and I think they had a great time in London. After work went to Keiron and Phil's place for Thanksgiving dinner, there were seven of us for dinner, was a very enjoyable evening, dinner was good, a little different than what we're used to, but had all the essential items. Turkey (breast), stuffing, potatoes (these were a layered dish), corn, green beans, gravy and Yorkshire pudding. I brought the pies, however they were bought not homemade as couldn't find the ingredients I needed, they were good. It was a great evening spend with friends.
Saturday, I went to visit friends in Leighton Buzzard, Viktoria and Andrew. Viktoria is Hungarian, Andrew is British. They picked me up at the station in Leighton and off we went to see St Albans. Visited the cathedral, walked thru town, had lunch at the Original Cornish pastry shop. Then back to their place to visit and have dinner. A Hungarian meal - was great - for those of you who have had goulash it is really a soup, not a pasta dish. Really enjoyable evening, back on the train around 9:30p for trip back to London. Sunday was a catch up day, as lots of laundry to do and a trip to the grocery store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady - I was really surprised to hear that you are in London. What a wonderful adventure. I am so glad that you got the chance to do it. Life is great in Alaska. Skyler is getting so big. 4th grade now. I wanted to mail you a family picture, but I could not quite read your address on the card I got from you. Can you please e-mail it to me at mbaldwin@sbsalaska.com. Thanks.

Love to you - Michelle