Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time is short....

Well my time is very short now, last day of work at the office is the 17Th of April. How fast a year goes. They decorated my desk, had a card and got a lovey picture of London and cat charm from everyone. We were then all off for drinks at The Tabernacle for my leaving. Was a great evening with lots of the guys from work showing up. Saturday was a quiet day, got things ready to pack. On Sunday, Phil & Keiron came over, went to the park, came back and had waffles (as Keiron had never had them), then they packed up all the stuff I couldn't bring back and headed back to their place, along with my 2ND suitcase which they will bring to me at Heathrow on the 2ND of May.
Went to meet my last visitors at the Heathrow airport - Phyllis & Sharon arrived on Sunday evening the 19Th of April at 10:30pm, we took a car service back to my flat.
Monday we awaited the packers, they took forever to arrive, suppose to be there at 9am and arrived finally at 11:30a, then finished all the packing around 2pm. We then too the tube to Hill stop, walked to Keningston Palace, toured the Palace, then on the bus through Piccadilly Circus and got off at Trafalgar Square, walked down Whitehall to Parliament and The Thames, past Westminster Abby, then back toward the flat and dinner. Tuesday morning we went to St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace, then back to the flat to head to the airport.

No comments: